Thursday 16 May 2013

Data Center Design (A new Look)

I have Built a New Data Centre for the company I work for and I am going to give you some insight on the design and the cool look I gave to it.

I had literally 2 months to build a whole new Data Centre, but even with the time constraints I manage to deliver it on time and it is not only beautiful, but it has great features and as far as I am concerned ticks all the boxes.

Some of the requirements to meet:
  1. It must look presenteable to customers
  2. It must have space for growth
  3. It must have the cooling capacity for existing heating load and future growth
  4. It must have the power capacity for existing load and future growth

See some picture below:

Below you can see the front is all glass pannels, there are seven Server Racks in total. At the front  of the racks you can see there are three glass panels on the floor, and under the each pannel there is a light which is remote controlled and changes colours (it is currently in blue).
On each side of the room we have a 14Kwatts Air-con at the back we have a heat extraction system, to extract the heat generated by all the servers.

Below you can see I have used a 20KVA UPS for holding the servers, and there is a by-bass just in case we need to maintain the UPS.
I have a smaller UPS 10KVA for Comms equipment, the air-cons are also UPS protected.

 
The comms racks at at the back and they host all switches, patch pannels and firewalls.
The links between the server cabinets and the patch pannels are two looms of 24 CAT6a cables for each rack, one at the top and another at the bottom.
 
I paid a lot of attention to the detail, functionality and also to easy of maintenance.
I'll take some pictures of the patch pannel to show you another time.
 
If you need help with your Data Center or Server Room, I can help you with ideas.
 
Renato Oliveira
 


2 comments:

  1. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include.
    servidor cloud no brasil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have set this by myself and I also designed it for a company contracted me to do it.

      Delete