Friday 31 July 2015

Recovering the Root Password for SRX Series Devices

Last week I also had to break a password and did not remember how. So I had to research into it.
1. Reboot or power off and back on the juniper SRX
2. When the boot operation finishes, just press <SPACE> bar few times to have access to the boostrap loader prompt.
loader>boot -s

3. loader> System watchdog timer disabled
4. Set the new root password
                user@host>edit
     user@host# set system root-authentication plain-text-password
     user@host# commit

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the skillset one requires to become an expert and work as a Freelance angular js developer. Freelancing is a new normal for the second income source. I agree with this point. And, I'm happier that I discovered Eiliana.com to execute my projects.
    I must recommend Discover yourself join Eiliana.com.

    ReplyDelete