Tuesday 19 February 2013

Implementing MimeCast as business continuity solution

Implement MiMeCast as a business continuity solution

I have been tasked to implement MimeCast to comply with some internal needs and some external regulations.

Let me give you a brief idea about the reasons we will be using MiMecast.

1. We need to have a business continuity plan for our mail system (Exchange)
2. We must keep our emails for 7 years
3. We must keep backups off site
4. We must be able to access all our emails from anywhere
5. We must be able to provide full reports on emails send and received
6. Track email deletion through the system

The list above is just a short list of our requirements and Mimecast seems to meet most if not all of them and many more.

I am not going to give you a lot of detail about Mimecast and how it works, I am only going to give you details on how I implemented it for the company I work for.

I will be detailing all the steps I took in order to get it fully up working.

No comments:

Post a Comment