Tuesday 19 March 2013

Writing a book

Writing a book

I have loads of ideas, but my biggest problem is I very really follow up on them.
I am just about to change and, even if it just not good I decided to follw it up and I made a decision to write a book.

I been telling made up stories to my kids for many years, they seem to love it. My problem is; once I have told them the story I forget it and they ask me again and I can't how the story goes.

This time around I made an effort to, before I told my kids the story I wrote it down first.
I am not give you any clues about the story, I am only going to say it will be a childre's book.
It will be a picture book, I would say, it will have around 32 pages (this seems to be the standard).

I am writing about this, because I want to make myself used to write about things more frequently.
I have so many ideas and I never follow up on them, but I want to change that and I will write at least a book. Even if it does not sell a single copy, I do not mind, the important things to me will be to follow up on feelings.

I write poetry since I was 12, I think some of my stuff is good, they have feelings, they are a thoughtful and I believe they can engage with people's feelings.

My stories are creation of my own mind and they have a touch of sensitivity and craziness, but always keeping children side very strong.

I grew up with my grand mother telling me stories (My granny was Indian from a brazilian forest), she knew many interesting stories.
Stories which were very much linked to nature and how important nature was/is for us.

My books tend to have some imagination, a bit of dreaming with a simple message. I like society, I believe we are all equals no matter how much money you make or have or your position in society.

If my book is not accepted by an editor I will just create a website and publish it online.

I am not going to give details about this first book right now, I am half way through and my wife will review it, and make sure my mistakes and typos are just wiped out.

Even if I do not sell a single copy of it, I will still do it. It is not a dream, but it is something which I want to share... Not only with my chieldren.

Renato de Oliveira

No comments:

Post a Comment