Monday 25 March 2013

Netwok design, install and configuration

Netwok design, install and configuration

I have decided to share with you my experiences and I will show you most things about networks.

I am going to start from scratch and write posts on how to:
  • How to Install Windows 2008
    • Setup network
    • Active Directory
    • DNS
    • DHCP
    • etc
  • How to Install Redhat 6
    • Setup the Network
    • Integrate Linux to Active directory
    • Setup most config files under /etc
    • NFS
    • SAMBA
  • How to Set up Citrix
  • How to Setup Juniper SRX Security gateway
  • How to Setup NetApp Ontap 8.1

I am going to give you ideas on how to plan your AD, your DNS naming, your IP address scheme, how to position your clients on the network.
I will discuss DMZ, VLANs, Security, SSH, Locking down Linux.

I will have recommendations on security, patch management, for Windows. Design considerations for your network.
Resiliency and redundancy will be discussed also.

If you want to benefit from this blog, just keep visiting it, it will be your stop shop for most Network systems.

My plan is to every day write a new post about some topic.

I have already few posts and I will make the link between each post, so you can easily follow up.

If you have suggestions, please let me know I will try my best to accomodate your suggestions and also write about them.

I hope you will enjoy and learn all this exciting stuff related to IT.

Many thanks

Renato Oliveira

1 comment:

  1. Tomorrows post will be: How to install Redhat 6.2 onto a Virtual machine (Vmware ESX)

    ReplyDelete